EC Teacher of the Year
Alicia Giles is the EC Teacher of the Year and was recognized on September 22, 2016.
New Procedure Under Policy 4400 – Student Attendance
Ashe County Schools - Schedules
New Teachers in the Ashe County School System
August Board Recognitions
- Recognition of Blue Ridge 5th grade student Josie R., whose winning essay was published in the 2015/16 issue of Young Authors Making the Most of Me sponsored by the North Carolina Reading Association
- Recognition of Joallen Lowder as the 2015/16 Career and Technical Education (CTE) Administrator of the Year for the Northwest Region
- Recognition of Blue Ridge teacher Allison Shoemake—2016 Price-Deverick Scholarship recipient
- Recognition of Ashe County High English teacher Christy Rivers—2016 Price-Deverick Scholarship recipient
School Jobs in NC - Powered by PeopleAdmin
NEW CLASSIFIED POSITION ADDED August 19, 2016. Click here for more information.
NEW CERTIFIED POSITION ADDED August 19, 2016. Click here for more information.
Ashe County Public Schools has launched a new employment application system. The new "North Carolina School Jobs" online application system, powered by PeopleAdmin, provides an innovative way to streamline the hiring process. Applicants will experience an enhanced, user friendly system when applying for positions. To apply for career opportunities, open the link below.
North Carolina School Jobs
Click Here - Guide for Applying to Positions in NC School Jobs
The Human Resources Department will be available on Thursday afternoons from 2pm -4pm to assist applicants who want to apply for a position with Ashe County Schools but do not have internet access. Please call the HR Department at 336.246.7175 to schedule an appointment.
An email address is necessary, if you do not have one HR Dept. will assist you in setting up an account.
Other documents or information you will want to bring with you:
- Copy of educational documents, ie high school diploma, or high school transcripts, or college transcripts, etc. (Unofficial are acceptable)
- List of references with phone numbers and email addresses, if applicable.
- List of work experience with company name and dates of employment
Ashe County NC Pre-K Committee 2016/17 Meeting Schedule
- September 22, 2016
- November 17, 2016
- January 19, 2017
- March 16, 2017
- Final meeting TBD
Attention Teachers - Educator Renewal Process
Attention Teachers - NCCAT Information
Online Professional Development Modules for free available through NCDPI. These are housed on the NCEES application in Home Base and can be found on the Professional Development tab. Click www.rt3nc.org to go deeper into the topic and get more details related to the courses.
North Carolina Teacher Action Research Portal! This site publishes the results of classroom-based action research performed by North Carolina teachers as part of the Governor’s Teacher Network in 2014–15.
BloomBoard Marketplace – icon is on the landing page of HomeBase – Grade level, specific, resources via articles, books, short videos, etc.
(This information is also found on the Teacher Links page.)
OTHER INFORMATION AND HONORS